Read By Dawn Volume 2
Edited by Adele Hartley
Published by Bloody Books
Paperback, 240 pages, $16.95 (US)
Reviewed by Keith Eure
When I got the book Read By Dawn in the mail and had taken it out and given it a cursory once-over, I thought to myself that I probably wouldn’t like many of the stories contained between the covers. Thankfully I was wrong!
All the writers in the book are new (to me at least). That being said, you will need to watch your local bookstores for works by them. The stories in Read By Dawn were a varied lot of haunted houses, ghosts, serial killers, etc. Just about all of the stories were very well written and the publisher did a superb job of making sure the typos and such were kept to a bare minimum.
Brian G. Ross’s story, “Between The Screams,” was goose bump inducing and “Fingers,” by Jamie Killen had me cringing while I was reading!!
Bloody Books Publishing should be proud of this addition to the series. Great stories, great attention to detail, great fun reading it! All in all a great book and one that I would recommend to anyone to read!
- Pittsburgh Zombies Reclaim World Record - July 11, 2009
- Will Eisner Comic Industry Awards - July 10, 2009
- Damnation Books Announces Initial Titles - July 10, 2009
- The House of Lost Souls – Book Review - July 9, 2009
- Futile Flame Available - July 9, 2009
- Pocket Books Partners With Permuted Press - July 8, 2009
- Robert Dunbar – Featured Author - July 8, 2009
- Stages of Undress: The 3rd Collection – Book Review - July 8, 2009
- Apple of My Eye – Book Review - July 8, 2009
- The World More Full of Weeping Available For Pre-Order - July 7, 2009