Wherever there are mafia members, there’s usually blood involved, not to mention a good chance that corpses aren’t too far behind. One could also say the same for vampires. Like vampire clans, once you’re in the mob, there’s no way out. The brash and impatient immortal, Alexei, finds these things out the hard way when he chooses the wrong neighborhood to claim his latest victim in Carl Alves’ second novel, Blood Street (True Grit Publishing). It’s not long before Alexei has Philadelphia mob boss Enzo Salerno on a path to find him, determined to hunt down the man who killed his associate in such gruesome style.
Perplexed by the unusual nature of the murder, Salerno uncovers clues that suggest his associate’s death wasn’t a mob hit. Something far worse got to him — a bloodthirsty vampire. Because of Alexei’s careless actions, Magnus, the charismatic leader of Alexei’s vampire brood, has no choice but to use all of his resources to save them from the mafia and the FBI.
About the Author: After graduating with a BS degree in Biomedical Engineering from Boston University and later an MBA degree from Lehigh University, Alves has worked in the pharmaceutical and medical devices industries. His debut novel, Two For Eternity, was released in 2011 by Weaving Dreams Publishing. His short fiction has appeared in various publications such as Sinister City, Alien Skin and the Behind Locked Doors anthology. He is a member of the Horror Writers Association and has attended the Penn Writers Conference.
True Grit Publishing, a division of Weaving Dreams, released the paperback edition today with the e-book edition tentatively planned for a May, 2013 release.
Check it out on Amazon here: Blood Street
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013