Jeremy C. Shipp has set up a new promotional section on his website called Bizarro Bytes. Readers can sign up to receive 12 new, previously unpublished short stories by Shipp, one story a month, for only $12. The horror/dark fantasy stories range from 2500 to 6000 words and are delivered by emailed in ebook format (PDF, Mobi, or ePub).
Higher level subscriptions are also available for those readers who want to provide extra support and receive special bonuses in addition to the 12 stories.
Shipp’s work has appeared or is forthcoming in over 50 publications, the likes of Cemetery Dance, ChiZine, Apex Magazine, Pseudopod, and The Bizarro Starter Kit (blue). While preparing for the forthcoming collapse of civilization, Jeremy enjoys living in Southern California in a moderately haunted Victorian farmhouse with his wife, Lisa, and their legion of yard gnomes. He’s currently working on many stories and novels and is losing his hair, though not because of the ghosts. His books include Vacation, Sheep and Wolves, and Cursed. And thankfully, only one mime was killed during the making of his first short film, Egg.
If you’d like to sample Shipp’s work, currently there are four free short stories you can read directly on the web site. The first story for subscribers will go out in June (2009).
Here’s where to get started: Bizarro Bytes
- Pittsburgh Zombies Reclaim World Record - July 11, 2009
- Will Eisner Comic Industry Awards - July 10, 2009
- Damnation Books Announces Initial Titles - July 10, 2009
- The House of Lost Souls – Book Review - July 9, 2009
- Futile Flame Available - July 9, 2009
- Pocket Books Partners With Permuted Press - July 8, 2009
- Robert Dunbar – Featured Author - July 8, 2009
- Stages of Undress: The 3rd Collection – Book Review - July 8, 2009
- Apple of My Eye – Book Review - July 8, 2009
- The World More Full of Weeping Available For Pre-Order - July 7, 2009