Would you like to be published in industry leading Dark Discoveries Magazine while also seeing your story posted on a website that receives over 160,000 views every month? If so, Hellnotes is pleased to announce some big changes to our Horror in a Hundred feature that can make this a reality! Horror in a Hundred has been an incredible hit with our readers, so we’ve decided it’s time to make it even better. We’re going to publish the top three stories from every quarter in Dark Discoveries Magazine. Additionally, the author of the submission picked as the best story will receive a free copy of that issue of Dark Discoveries Magazine. Here are the ground rules:
1. The submission must be 100 words or less. Please send a word count with your submission.
2. The submission windows are as follows: Dec 16 – Mar 15 for publication in the April edition, Mar 16 – Jun 15 for publication in the July edition, Jun 16 – Sep 15 for publication in the October edition, and Sep 16 – Dec 15 for publication in the January edition.
3. As for what gets posted on the Hellnotes website, it’s actually pretty simple. If I like the submission, I’ll put it on the site. If not, I won’t. Just so you know, the range of stories we like is pretty wide, so go ahead and send something in.
4. The stories selected for publication in Dark Discoveries Magazine will be chosen by a panel comprised of JournalStone Publishing, Hellnotes.com, and Dark Discoveries Magazine employees and contributors. The makeup of this panel will change from quarter to quarter, but will always be made up of employees and contributors from these entities. The stories considered for publication in Dark Discoveries Magazine will come from those received during the submission windows and subsequently posted to the Hellnotes website.
5. Hellnotes will not pay any money for rights to your submission. We will, however, include a link to a blog or author website for those stories posted on the Hellnotes website. For those stories chosen for publication in Dark Discoveries Magazine, we will credit the author.
6. Hellnotes does not retain any rights to your submission. We will run it once on Hellnotes. If selected for publication in Dark Discoveries Magazine, it will be printed in one edition. Other than that, the stories belong to you. Should we wish to run your story more than once on the Hellnotes website or in Dark Discoveries Magazine, or in any other media owned by JournalStone Publishing, our parent company, we will seek your permission to do so.
7. Horror in a Hundred is intended to be fun. Please keep that in mind. Also, keep it at the PG-13 level.
8. Please send your submissions to email@example.com.
This probably doesn’t answer every question you may have, but hopefully there’s enough for you get started. Just remember, the primary goal is to have fun with this.
- Horror in a Hundred – Homecoming by David J. Wing - July 9, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – The Wizard’s Dungeon by Sheldon Woodbury - July 8, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Dead Man’s Switch by Thomas Kleaton - May 18, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Little Dog Died oh Died in the Ditch by Thomas Kleaton - May 7, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Absentee Ballot by Thomas Kleaton - May 6, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Hoodie by Catherine Bader - April 25, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Rinse Repeat by Thomas Kleaton - April 24, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Toe Tag by Catherine Bader - April 23, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – The Monster’s Moon by Sheldon Woodbury - April 22, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – She Fought Back by James Newman - April 21, 2015