Genre scream queen Betsy Rue (True Blood, My Bloody Valentine 3D, Halloween 2) has joined the cast in the leading role of Jim O’Rear and Daniel Emery Taylor’s follow-up to their award-winning and controversial horror film The Hospital.
Betsy will step into the role of “Skye,” one of the few survivors of The Hospital’s carnage, as the sequel picks up exactly where the original left off. Rue joins horror icons Debbie Rochon (American Nightmare) and Kevin VanHentenryck (Basket Case) in this twisted tale that promises to push the boundaries of what you are allowed to do on film even further than the original film did.
“The original was banned in a few countries and caused quite a stir in the U.K. when it was released,” explains co-director Jim O’Rear. “Those countries are REALLY going to hate us after this one.”
The talented cast also includes Ghost Hunters International’s Scott Tepperman and Megan Emerick (Don’t Look In The Basement 2).
“We hadn’t planned on making a sequel,” O’Rear states, “but, due to public demand, our distributor called us and offered us a worldwide deal to make a sequel…sight unseen and giving us free reign to do whatever we wanted. It’s not often indie filmmakers get an offer like that.”
Shooting begins in January.
Keep up with all of the news on THE HOSPITAL 2 through the films Facebook page:
- Richard Christian Matheson Interview with Rick Hipson - March 27, 2017
- JournalStone’s Amazon only e-book holiday sale! - December 14, 2014
- Mary SanGiovanni’s Latest Limited Edition Chapbook ‘No Songs for the Stars’ Has Been Released! - October 18, 2014
- Jamais Vu Issue 3 – Magazine Review - October 18, 2014
- Nevermore Publicity is set to re-launch on Friday 10/10/14! - October 18, 2014
- Apex Publications Is Set To Give Us ‘War Stories’ - October 17, 2014
- Dark Horse Is Set To Give Us Richard Corben’s ‘Rat God’ - October 17, 2014
- Disordered Minds – Book Review - October 17, 2014
- Where All Light is Left to Die: A Collection of Darkness – Book Review - October 16, 2014
- We Want Your Horror Face! - October 16, 2014