Author Solutions, Inc. (ASI), the world leader in indie book publishing, has announced it has hired Hollywood screenwriter Ben Ketai to adapt the self-published horror novella, Hush for the screen. The AuthorHouse novella is the second project Author Solutions has green-lit for development through its Fuse Frame production company.
Hush is about a group of broke college students who start a phony ghost-hunting business to make some extra cash, and find success scamming the elderly residents of their town. However, they fall into trouble when they’re hired to de-ghost an old orphanage that is genuinely haunted and still occupied by a decrepit headmistress with a disturbing past of her own.
Ben Ketai, the screenwriter attached to the project, got his start working under Sam Raimi and Rob Tapert at Ghost House Pictures, where he wrote, produced, and directed multiple horror-genre web series. He went on to co-write and direct the sequel to 30 Days of Night for Sony’s Stage 6. He is represented by APA and Circle of Confusion.
“When we discovered Hush we knew it had all the makings of a great low-budget genre film. The source material is genuinely scary, and Ben has a fantastic take on how to bring it to the screen,” said Marcus Chait, Director of Film & New Media at Author Solutions and the head of its Fuse Frame division.
Hush will be produced by Chait and Thruline Entertainment’s Danny Sherman.
Author Solutions, Inc. (ASI) is owned by Bertram Capital and is the world leader in indie book publishing. ASI’s leading self-publishing imprints—AuthorHouse, AuthorHouse UK, iUniverse, Palibrio, Trafford Publishing and Xlibris—have helped more than 140,000 authors self-publish, promote and bring to market more than 175,000 new titles. Through strategic alliances with leading trade publishers, ASI is making it possible to develop new literary talent efficiently and provide authors with a platform for bringing their books to market. Headquartered in Bloomington, Indiana, ASI’s global reach includes imprints developed specifically for authors in Australia, New Zealand and the United Kingdom.
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013