One of the great successes for the Beloit International Film Festival each year is the reception that people get at venues, special events and the Box office from hundreds of volunteers who make the Festival flow smoothly.
“We depend on the hundreds of volunteers to make the Beloit International Film Festival happen,” says executive director Roddie Beaudoin. “From our board to the people who rush around to each venue to deliver films and candy, this is a high energy operation. We have a very small staff and could never do all that has to be done without the great turnout of volunteers.”
One of the things that visiting filmmakers talk about more than anything else is the great reception they receive when they get to Beloit and how the community turns out to support the Festival and the filmmakers. “This is all due to the 300-400 volunteers that make the community look great,” according to Nancy and Jim Heidt, volunteer coordinators for BIFF.
There are approximately 400 time slots to fill for venue volunteers and film operators throughout BIFF which runs from noon Thursday Feb. 18 through Sunday, Feb. 21. Help is needed at each venue taking tickets, at the box office, and at social events, hospitality suites and dealing with the media.
The one and only volunteer training session will be at 6 p.m., Wednesday, Feb. 10, at the Aldrich Middle School Auditorium, 1859 Northgate Dr., in Beloit, WI. Volunteers have many functions and for every shift worked, each volunteer will receive four passes to attend films.
According to the Heidts “there is a job and a time slot for everybody. People can sign up for one or for several slots. It is a great way to have fun, connect with people and help the community at the same time. Service clubs and organizations that would like to volunteer as a group are particularly appreciated.”
Those wishing to volunteer should email Jim & Nancy Heidt at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the BIFF office at 608-313-1200 and leave names and contact information.
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013