ORLANDO, FL — (Marketwired) — 08/19/13 — Red Giant Entertainment Inc., an innovative Intellectual Property company specializing in high quality characters and content for use in a variety of media and entertainment, is pleased to announce that Pulitzer prize nominated horror novelist Mort Castle is writing the Company’s new ‘Darchon’ monthly horror series for the GIANT-SIZE THRILLS free monthly comic coming in 2014.
Internationally lauded Castle is an award winning horror writer with a strong following. He has been called a “horror doyen” by Publishers Weekly, “El Maestro del Terror” by South America’s Galaxia Cthulhu, and “The master of contemporary horror” by Poland’s Nowa Fantastyka magazine. In June of this year, he won a Horror Writers Association Bram Stoker Award® for “Superior Achievement in a Fiction Collection” for New Moon on the Water. Castle also won two Black Quill awards as editor for his work in the horror genre, and has been nominated for the Pushcart Prize and the International Horror Guild Award.
“Terror as traditional as Lovecraft and as current as CNN’s coverage of tomorrow’s serial killers is what Mort Castle promises for Darchon, Red Giant’s monthly horror title,” states David Campiti, Chief Operating Officer, Red Giant Entertainment. “Castle is a living legend in the horror category and the perfect writer to helm this project. He literally wrote the book On Writing Horror, for the Horror Writers Association, with such luminaries as Stephen King and Harlan Ellison. We’re delighted to add his tremendous skill-set to this compelling series.”
“Darchon Blaque is a paranormal investigator, the principal player in the concept created by Red Giant’s Benny Powell,” Castle says. “He goes face to face with all manner of supernatural peril, but he’s no retread of Kolchak’s ‘Monster of the Week,’ or a new seeker of ‘the truth is out there’; Darchon knows the greatest horrors are often found in the closet — and in the mirror.”
- Horror in a Hundred – Homecoming by David J. Wing - July 9, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – The Wizard’s Dungeon by Sheldon Woodbury - July 8, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Dead Man’s Switch by Thomas Kleaton - May 18, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Little Dog Died oh Died in the Ditch by Thomas Kleaton - May 7, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Absentee Ballot by Thomas Kleaton - May 6, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Hoodie by Catherine Bader - April 25, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Rinse Repeat by Thomas Kleaton - April 24, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Toe Tag by Catherine Bader - April 23, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – The Monster’s Moon by Sheldon Woodbury - April 22, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – She Fought Back by James Newman - April 21, 2015