On Friday, November 19th, novelist Chelsea Quinn Yarbro and Sharon Russell, former Professor of Communications and Women’s Studies at Indiana State University, will present Dracula to Twilight: Changes in the Portrayal of Vampires at The Other Change of Hobbit bookstore in Berkeley, California. The discussion, scheduled to take place from 6 to 8 PM local time, will focus on the ever-changing vampire in literature and film. Location details can be found online at Other Change of Hobbit.
Ty Schwamberger’s zombie novella, The Fields, has been picked up by The Zombie Feed, an Imprint of Apex Publications. “This is my first zombie story and I’m very pleased how it came out,” says Schwamberger. “In fact, I think this might be the most insightful, deeply rooted and perhaps the best written tale I’ve ever done. The truth of the matter is; I’ve always wanted to write about zombies, but didn’t want to just rehash what’s been done a hundred times before. I wanted something different or I wasn’t going to write about the undead at all. So, when Jason Sizemore at Apex told me about his new Imprint, The Zombie Feed, and the fact that we’d been trying to figure out something for me to write for him for quite some time, the timing seemed perfect…and away I went to write a 25k story that is based in the middle 1800s, right after slavery ended, about a young farmer that is trying to do the right thing and take care of the land that belonged to his father – his now dead father – a land owner that would mistreat (which is putting it mildly) the slaves he owned. This is not your run-of-the-mill zombie story. Oh no. This one touches on racism, a son’s love that’s mixed with a hatred for his still-dead father, the son dealing with a stranger that wanders onto the plantation one morning and … well, I guess I better not give anything else away or it might spoil the fun that I’m positive you’ll have while reading it.” The Fields is slated for publication during the 1stQ 2011. It will be released in Trade Paperback and more than likely in ebook format.
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013