The Australian Dark Fantasy & Horror 2007 edition is the second volume in an annual ‘year’s best’ anthology series, presenting the best and darkest Australian short stories of 2006. These tales explore the darkness of the human condition. Ghosts, monsters, alien gods, sadists, the forsaken, and the deranged all lie within. Australia’s best dark fiction writers appear alongside the darkest new voices. Authors include Margo Lanagan (author of Black Juice and Red Spikes), Terry Dowling (Basic Black: Tales of Appropriate Fear), Stephen Dedman (The Art of Arrow Cutting, Shadows Bite), Robert Hood (Backstreets, the Shades series), Simon Brown (Troy, the Inheritance trilogy), Jay Caselberg (Metal Sky), and many more. Paperback, 224 pages, $24.95 (Australian).
Australian Dark Fantasy & Horror is published by Brimstone Press, a Western Australian independent publisher of dark fiction (horror and dark fantasy). Established in 2004, Brimstone Press has a strong track record of publishing short fiction through Shadowed Realms, Australia’s professional dark fiction magazine. Brimstone Press titles have won, or been nominated for, every major genre award in Australia including the Ditmar Award, the Aurealis Award, The Australian Shadows Award, and the WA SF Achievement Award.
To learn more and/or order: Australian Dark Fantasy & Horror
- Pittsburgh Zombies Reclaim World Record - July 11, 2009
- Will Eisner Comic Industry Awards - July 10, 2009
- Damnation Books Announces Initial Titles - July 10, 2009
- The House of Lost Souls – Book Review - July 9, 2009
- Futile Flame Available - July 9, 2009
- Pocket Books Partners With Permuted Press - July 8, 2009
- Robert Dunbar – Featured Author - July 8, 2009
- Stages of Undress: The 3rd Collection – Book Review - July 8, 2009
- Apple of My Eye – Book Review - July 8, 2009
- The World More Full of Weeping Available For Pre-Order - July 7, 2009