“I’m delighted to be included with so many filmmakers I respect and admire,” said Mckee. “The anthology format shows how pliable the horror genre is. Each artist on this project is stretching the possibilities to their limits. For die-hard horror fans and general audiences, this is sure to be an evergreen title for many Halloweens to come.”
McKee and ten directors have joined forces with Epic Pictures under the name The October Society to create a series of interconnected stories, each with a unique Halloween theme. They include Darren Lynn Bousman (Saw II, III & IV), Axelle Carolyn (Soulmate), Adam Gierasch (Night of the Demons), Andrew Kasch (Never Sleep Again: The Elm Street Legacy), Neil Marshall (The Descent), Mike Mendez (Big Ass Spider!), Dave Parker (The Hills Run Red), Ryan Schifrin (Abominable), John Skipp (Stay at Home Dad), and Paul Solet (Grace). Directors Kasch and Skipp are to co-direct one of the short films together.
Currently in production in Los Angeles, the concept was created by Carolyn, who brought the filmmakers together for this unique production. Tales of Halloween is being produced by Patrick Ewald and Shaked Berenson of Epic Pictures Group along with Mendez and Carolyn.
“We are more than thrilled to have Lucky round out our team of talented directors for Tales of Halloween,” said Epic Pictures Group CEO Patrick Ewald. “Lucky will share his unique point-of-view to the project that will be exciting to audiences of the horror genre.”
Ten stories will be woven together by their shared theme of Halloween night in an American suburb, where ghouls, imps, aliens, and axe murderers appear for one night only to terrorize unsuspecting residents.
The directors have created a manifesto with rules to create their films based on the values of Halloween night. The antithesis of the Dogme 95 manifesto, the directors will not be frugal with special effects, props, and musical score and have already attracted notable talent in the horror genre such as composers Frank Ilfman (Big Bad Wolves) and Joseph Bishara (The Conjuring).
- November JournalStone Newsletter - November 4, 2016
- Enter to Win Tickets to See ‘From Dusk Till Dawn’ — Back in Theatres for Two Days Only! - October 25, 2016
- Help Celebrate the Release of ‘Freaks Anon’ – Enter to Win a Signed Copy! - October 10, 2016
- October JournalStone Newsletter - October 5, 2016
- Enter to Win a copy of ‘The Devil’s Work’! - September 29, 2016
- September JournalStone Newsletter - September 5, 2016
- Win a Weird Western Story Bundle Courtesy of ChiZine Publications! - August 26, 2016
- Graveyard – Book Review - August 25, 2016
- Exclusive Interview with ‘Casefile: ARKHAM’ Creators Josh Finney and Patrick McEvoy! - August 23, 2016
- Brother – Book Review - August 22, 2016