Apex Publications has signed an agreement with Diamond Book Distributors (DBD) to have its books placed in U.S. and U.K. bookstores.
One of the U.S.’s leading distributors, Diamond sells to a variety of bookstores and vendors including Barnes & Noble, Ingram, Baker & Taylor, WaldenBooks, Amazon.com, Borders, and more. The company represents a number of acclaimed book and comic publishers, including Borderlands Press, Night Shade Books, Subterranean Press, and Random House UK.
“Apex Publications has been building to this for the past five years,” says Apex owner and publisher Jason Sizemore. “Diamond will bring our books and authors to a national audience and allow us to grow our unique brand of science fiction, fantasy, and horror. They are among the best in the business when it comes to selling genre works.”
The partnership caps a highly successful year for Apex Publications that includes signing multi-award winning authors such as Gary A. Braunbeck and Brian Keene, the release of the highly acclaimed and Stoker nominated anthology Dark Faith, and hiring NYT bestselling author Catherynne M. Valente to helm Apex Magazine.
“We’re extremely delighted to add Apex to our list of growing science fiction, horror, and fantasy publishers,” said Kuo-Yu Liang, said Kuo-Yu Liang, DBD’s Vice President of Sales and Marketing. “They have been a terrific source of groundbreaking stories that has not only been widely acclaimed, but has also proven to have tremendous commercial appeal. We look forward to finding homes for their new releases among new audiences and across a range of book buying outlets.”
Current plans call for Apex Publications titles to be available in U.S. and U.K. bookstores by late 2011.
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013