With the the Apex Book Company’s recent distribution deal with Diamond, owner/publisher Jason Sizemore has announced some changes at the company. Here’s what he had to say in a recent blog post:
“We’re doing a small reorganization of the Apex Publications line of books. The company is launching a new imprint called Black Room Publications that will be spearheaded by Jennifer Brozek. Black Room will focus on special projects that we still want to do, but might not be suitable for national distribution. Jenn will be the imprint’s managing editor and her duties will include day to day operations, acquisitions, promotions, and marketing.
“I’m pleased to announce that we have two new members on the Apex team! The first of these is Ty Schwamberger.
“Ty Schwamberger will be taking over our The Zombie Feed imprint, becoming the TZF managing editor. His duties include day to day operations, acquisitions, promotion, and zombie wrangling.
“Our second new member is Maurice Broaddus. Maurice will be joining me on the executive level as our Vice President of Acquisitions and Operations for Apex Publications. With such an important sounding title comes important sounding work. Maurice will be active in the day-to-day operation of the company. He will also oversee and assist with future title acquisitions for Apex Publications and its imprints, insure quality control, and provide marketing guidance.
“These changes means that Apex Publications now has four arms. The first is our nationally distributed line of books to be released under Apex Publications. The second is our special project and POD imprint Black Room Books. The third is our line of zombie works – The Zombie Feed. The fourth, of course, is Apex Magazine.”
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013