Jenkie Mustard loses control of the zombies she created in Desper Hollow, as Granny’s magic moonshine raises trouble from the dead in the Virginia hills.
“Elizabeth Massie seduces you with her smooth prose and rich characterization and leaves you gasping when it all comes together.”
—F. Paul Wilson
“Desper Hollow is much more than just another zombie story. Sure, there are zombies, the book is also filled with the most memorable characters; from the Mustard clan, to the locals, to the two Hollywood types who travel to the Appalachians to investigate the possibility of a reality show featuring the zombies Jenkie Mustard is holding captive in her trailer.”
Elizabeth Massie, a ninth generation Virginian, has been writing professionally since 1984. Most of her works are in the horror genre, but she also writes mainstream fiction, media tie ins, educational materials, and poetry. Her first novel, Sineater, won the Bram Stoker Award. Her Tudors novelization (season 3) won the Scribe award. She is now working on Ameri-Scares (Crossroad Press) a 50 novel series of spooky books for middle grade readers, as well as new novels and short works for adults. She lives in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia with well-known illustrator, Cortney Skinner. She likes hiking and geocaching, and can’t stand cheese. Though she has a home office, she likes to work at Starbucks so she can eavesdrop on other people’s conversations about politics, religion, and work.
- Horror in a Hundred – Homecoming by David J. Wing - July 9, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – The Wizard’s Dungeon by Sheldon Woodbury - July 8, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Dead Man’s Switch by Thomas Kleaton - May 18, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Little Dog Died oh Died in the Ditch by Thomas Kleaton - May 7, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Absentee Ballot by Thomas Kleaton - May 6, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Hoodie by Catherine Bader - April 25, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Rinse Repeat by Thomas Kleaton - April 24, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Toe Tag by Catherine Bader - April 23, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – The Monster’s Moon by Sheldon Woodbury - April 22, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – She Fought Back by James Newman - April 21, 2015