Apex Book Company, a small press publisher specializing in the science fiction, horror and fantasy genres, announced today that it has made a significant change to their monthly edition of Apex Magazine. Subscribers and single-issue purchasers will now get an exclusive first look at the stories and poems before anyone else.
Prior to January 2011, Apex Magazine was offered to both subscribers and non-subscribers alike. As of January 1st, the magazine, which is edited by Cat Valente, will no longer be offered for free on the publisher’s website until the next issue debuts.
Jason Sizemore, owner of Apex Book Company, commented that: “In order for Apex Magazine to retain and attract talented authors like Seanan McGuire and Ekaterina Sedia, we will focus on ensuring our paid subscribers understand how valuable they are to the success of our digital magazine.”
Annual subscriptions to Apex Magazine are available for one dollar per issue, $12 US. The twentieth issue of the magazine features stories and poems by Douglas F. Warrick, Seanan McGuire and Mary Robinette Kowal, Mike Allen and Preston Grassman.
Individual issues are available digitally for most e-readers through several online retailers including: Amazon.com, DriveThruSciFi.com, Smashwords.com and BarnesandNoble.com.
To subscribe, visit: Apex Magazine
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013