Table of Contents
- “During the Pause” by Adam-Troy Castro
- “Sexagesimal” by Katharine E.K. Duckett
- “Sacrifice” by Jennifer Pelland
- “Sonny Liston Takes the Fall” by Elizabeth Bear
- “Editorial: Blood on Vellum” by Lynne M. Thomas
- “Al Snow’s Advice for SF Writers” by Peter M. Ball
- “An Interview with Adam-Troy Castro” by Maggie Slater
Cover art by Julie Dillon
Apex Magazine is edited by multi-Hugo Award-winning editor Lynne M. Thomas.
Free to read at Apex Magazine Issue 40. Or, if you’re inclined, you can throw a little financial support at them by buying the issue in beautiful eBook formats for $2.99 or take out a twelve issue subscription for $19.95.