Apex Publications has announced that they will be publishing a collection tentatively titled The Button Bin and Other Horrors from Nebula Award-nominated author Mike Allen. Mike’s works have been published several times in Apex Magazine. His collection’s title story, a Nebula Award finalist, was recently featured as a “Classic Revisted.” (You can read “The Button Bin” here.)
Mike Allen’s stories and poems have also appeared in Best Horror of the Year 1, Weird Tales, Pseudopod, the Nebula Awards Showcase series, Strange Horizons, Asimov’s Science Fiction, the Cthulhu’s Reign anthology and many other places. As a poet he’s won the Rhysling Award three times, and his 2006 collection Strange Wisdoms of the Dead was picked as an Editor’s Choice selection by The Philadelphia Inquirer. He’s also the editor of the critically acclaimed Clockwork Phoenix series of weird fiction anthologies and of the poetry journal Mythic Delirium. He’s narrated podcasts for Clarkesworld Magazine and StarShipSofa, and as of this month he’ll begin contributing a regular column to the latter discussing all aspects of horror.
By day, he’s the arts and culture columnist for his home city’s daily newspaper.
His collection for Apex includes nine previously published horror and dark fantasy stories, and concludes with the print debut of “The Quiltmaker,” his novella-length sequel to “The Button Bin.”
The Button Bin and Other Horrors is currently scheduled for a late summer/early fall release.
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013