Online Clarkesworld Magazine is carrying an interview by Jeremy L.C. Jones with six of the most accomplished and innovative editors working in the fantasy, science fiction and horror fields, who discuss the art of editing anthologies. The line up includes:
- John Joseph Adams is currently making his final story selections for his fourth themed anthology, Federations, which is due out this spring.
- Ellen Datlow is perhaps best known as the co-editor (originally with Terri Windling and then with Kelly Link & Gavin J. Grant) of twenty-one annual The Year’s Best Fantasy and Horror anthologies.
- James Lowder won two Origins Awards in 2008, one for Hobby Games: The 100 Best (non-fiction) and one for Astounding Hero Tales (fiction).
- Jonathan Strahan has edited more than a dozen anthologies. His past titles include annual volumes of The Year’s Best Australian Science Fiction and Fantasy, Best Short Novels, The Best Science Fiction and Fantasy of the Year, The Starry Rift, and perhaps most gloriously, the recent The New Space Opera (co-edited with Gardner Dozois).
- Ann VanderMeer, the fiction editor of the legendary Weird Tales magazine.
- Jeff VanderMeer, best known for his fiction set in imaginary world of Ambergris.
Read the interview here: Anthologists Discuss Their Craft
- Pittsburgh Zombies Reclaim World Record - July 11, 2009
- Will Eisner Comic Industry Awards - July 10, 2009
- Damnation Books Announces Initial Titles - July 10, 2009
- The House of Lost Souls – Book Review - July 9, 2009
- Futile Flame Available - July 9, 2009
- Pocket Books Partners With Permuted Press - July 8, 2009
- Robert Dunbar – Featured Author - July 8, 2009
- Stages of Undress: The 3rd Collection – Book Review - July 8, 2009
- Apple of My Eye – Book Review - July 8, 2009
- The World More Full of Weeping Available For Pre-Order - July 7, 2009