Annual H.P. Lovecraft Film Festival will take place September 16-17 at Warner Grand, San Pedro, CA, with special guest judge will be Guillermo del Toro. And then, if we’ve got this right, a mini festival to transition to the new keepers of the light, SighCo Graphics will run Sept 30/Oct 1 at the Hollywood Theatre in Portland Oregon.
The H.P. Lovecraft Film Festival promotes the works of H.P. Lovecraft, literary horror, and weird tales through the cinematic adaptations by professional and amateur filmmakers. The festival was founded in 1995 by Andrew Migliore in the hope that H.P. Lovecraft would be rightly recognized as a master of gothic horror and his work more faithfully adapted to film and television.
Director Guillermo Del Toro (Hellboy, Pan’s Labryinth) will be the judge for this festival’s short film contest, while film veteran Roger Corman will be receiving the “Howie” award for his contribution to Lovecraft cinema. Corman was originally scheduled to appear at the event but had back out because of a conflicting with a project he’s currently filming. There will be exhibits of props, miniatures, set pieces, and costumes, as well as the cast and crew from the feature film The Whisperer in Darkness (2011), which will screen at the event. Some of the other films include The Haunted Palace (1963), Berkeley Square (1933), Cast A Deadly Spell (1991), and La Sombra Prohibidia (The Forbidden Shadow) (2010).
Learn more about the festival here: H.P. Lovecraft Film Festival
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013