and Falling, Fly is the first book in Skyler White’s The Harrowing series of edgy, allegorical tales set in a parallel world of mythic damnation, combining the relevance and romance of urban fantasy, the darkness of contemporary horror, and the craft and introspection of literary fiction. She is currently polishing Falling’s successor, a dark historical horror-romance about the Irish poet laureate W.B. Yeats, Victorian freedom fighter Maud Gonne, and the Golden Dawn occult movement. Informed by academic research and travel, like Falling, this currently untitled work will be released by Berkley Books in late 2010.
Description: Olivia is a vampire bored with modernity. Tattooist, boyfriend, black-metal singer: everyone you don’t love tastes the same. Since the fall from Eden, she has hungered for love, but fed only on desire. Dominic O’Shaughnessy is a neuroscientist plagued by impossible visions.
When his research and her despair collide in Ireland’s L’Otel Mathillide – a subterranean hell of beauty, demons and dreams – rationalist and angel unite in a clash of desire and damnation that threatens to destroy them both.
If you’d like to catch an excerpt: and Falling, Fly Excerpt
The publication date is March 10, 2010, but you can preorder from Amazon here: and Falling, Fly
Hellnotes will have a follow-up interview with White as we approach the release date of her novel.
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013