Crime Scene NI is currently running an interview with Wayne Simmons.
Belfast born, Simmons has scribbled reviews and interviews for various zines. His debut horror novel, Drop Dead Gorgeous, through Permuted Press, was well received by both fans and reviewers. In April 2010, the rights to Drop Dead Gorgeous reverted back to Simmons and an extended version will be released through Snowbooks in 2011. In addition, Simmons saw the release of his zombie apocalyptic horror novel, Flu, through Snowbooks in April 2010.
In response to an inquiry about his advice for writers trying to break into genre fiction, he says, “Self-promotion is key. Get out to genre conventions and onto genre message boards and get the word out on who you are and what you’re about. Talk to people in the industry – you’ll find most folks are very approachable via Facebook etc. Don’t be afraid to ask questions. Oh, and my golden rule is to keep your feet on the ground – remember that no matter what success you enjoy as a writer in the genre (whatever genre(s) you decide to write within), you’re a fan first and foremost.”
You can read the interview in its entirety here: Wayne Simmons
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013