Horror novelist Bryan W. Alaspa has announced that he is currently working on a new edition of his bestselling horror novel RIG: A Novel of Terror. The author has stated that the novel will feature some new scenes and corrections to errors that existed in previous editions. RIG was the first novel that Mr. Alaspa made available for the Kindle and is his bestselling novel of all of his thriller and horror novels.
“I published the novel, originally, for the Kindle as a lark, because I just wasn’t sure about the story,” said the author from his Chicago offices. “Then, to my surprise, it became a huge hit. However, there were problems with the novel because I had never given it an edit or rewrite. Going back, I realized the story was better than I had first thought and felt it was time to add a few things and make some corrections and changes.”
RIG is the terrifying story of a giant oil rig in the Gulf of Mexico that drills into another dimension that releases an evil entity. A small crew consisting of engineers, medics and mercenaries is sent to the rig to find out what happened to the first crew, which was wiped out when the drill struck. Terror ensues.
“I hope that the fans of the novel appreciate the work and changes,” said the author. “I am not changing the story, but adding a few scenes. I feel I have grown so much as a writer since I wrote the first draft of this novel, so I think I can really turn the novel into something better than it is right now.”
So far there is no official release date, but Mr. Alaspa states he hopes to have it done before the end of February.
About The Author: Bryan W. Alaspa is a novelist and writer that was born and raised in the Chicago area. He has been writing in one form or another since he sat down at his mother’s electronic typewriter in the third grade. He is the author of the following works of fiction: The Ballad of the Blue Denim Gange, The Vanished Child, Dust, RIG: A Novel of Terror, Gone, Sin-Eater: Book One, After the Snowfall: a Thriller, MYTHOS: A Thriller, Sin-Eater: Book Two – Destiny, Deklan Falls: One Against Many and The Dead Phone.
Check it out on Amazon for only $.99: RIG
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013