The world ended when The Cull swept through civilisation, killing billions and sparing only those fortunate few blessed with the right blood. But in times of need heroes must rise. Here three fantastic authors lead us into the apocalypse in the latest omnibus in the hit Afterblight Chronicles series.
In Malcolm Cross’ Orbital Decay astronaut Alvin Burrows watches helplessly as the world collapses and the crew on board the Space Station are slowly and gruesomely murdered, one by one. Exiled from Earth by his blood-type, can he use his position to solve the mystery of the “Pandora” experiment in time?
In C.B Harvey’s Dead Kelly fugitive Kelly McGuire returns to the lawless city of Melbourne to bring vengeance down upon his old gangmates. McGuire has three jobs to do: be revenged, confront the uncomfortable truths of his past and face the discovery of his own terrible destiny.
In Adrian Tchailovsky’s The Bloody Deluge biochemist Katy Lewkowitz and colleague Dr Emil Weber flee the brutal cult of ‘The New Teutonic Order’ who are set on purging “undesirables;” as they take refuge within the walls of the Jasna Góra monastery a battle of faith ensues that could decide the future of humankind.
Journal of The Plague Year is comprised of three unique novellas: Orbital Decay (Cross), Dead Kelly (Harvey) and the previously unpublished The Bloody Deluge (Tchaikovsky). Comissioning Editor David Moore on the collection: “This has been a true labour of love for me; Afterblight is one of my favourite Abaddon worlds, and it’s been great helping uncover new corners of the world and introduce new readers to the series. And I’ve been lucky in my authors; Colin, Malcolm and Adrian are all hugely talented.”
Adrian Tchaikovsky is the established and popular fantasy author behind the Shadows Apt series; his novella in Journal of the Plague Year is a further step into the world of science fiction writing, following his notable short story ‘Feast and Famine’ in Solaris Rising 2, the eponymous SF anthology series from sister imprint Solaris. He joins incredible new talents Malcolm Cross and C B Harvey, both of whom were discovered via Abaddon’s well-received open author submission call.
- Voices of the Damned – Book Review - August 9, 2016
- Illustrator Frank Walls Launches Patreon Campaign to Fund Graphic Novel with Jeffrey Thomas - September 21, 2014
- Multi-Author Event at Dark Delicacies - September 20, 2014
- Day of the Zombies Event September 24 - September 20, 2014
- The Ballad of Sharknado Signing at Dark Delicacies - August 21, 2014
- Hellnotes Interviews Author James Newman - July 29, 2014
- Dark Regions Press Open House Party on July 18, 2014 - July 17, 2014
- Author Glen Hirschberg to Appear in Toronto - July 17, 2014
- Positions Available with Hellnotes - July 15, 2014
- The Strain – Television Review - July 13, 2014