Variety is reporting that the tuner version of “The Addams Family” has targeted a March 2010 start date for Broadway, with an opening in April. The website for the developing musical lists March 5 for the first Gotham preview and April 8 for the opening, but a rep for the show said those dates are subject to theater and talent availability.
Based on the comically macabre cartoons by Charles Addams, “Addams Family” has a book by Jersey Boys duo Marshall Brickman and Rick Elice and songs by Andrew Lippa (“The Wild Party”). No cast has been attached, although thesps including Nathan Lane, Bebe Neuwirth and Jan Maxwell have appeared in a reading of the show.
“Addams” is set to kick off an eight-week out-of-town tryout at Chicago’s Oriental Theater Nov. 13.
- Pittsburgh Zombies Reclaim World Record - July 11, 2009
- Will Eisner Comic Industry Awards - July 10, 2009
- Damnation Books Announces Initial Titles - July 10, 2009
- The House of Lost Souls – Book Review - July 9, 2009
- Futile Flame Available - July 9, 2009
- Pocket Books Partners With Permuted Press - July 8, 2009
- Robert Dunbar – Featured Author - July 8, 2009
- Stages of Undress: The 3rd Collection – Book Review - July 8, 2009
- Apple of My Eye – Book Review - July 8, 2009
- The World More Full of Weeping Available For Pre-Order - July 7, 2009