Subterranean Press is reporting that all copies (individual, retail, and wholesale) for Ray Bradbury’s major new collection, A Pleasure to Burn, as well as Elizabeth Bear’s glittering sold out novella, Bone and Jewel Creatures, should be en route to customers by the end of the day April 27.
After that, the shippers at their warehouse will be moving on to Jim Butcher’s Grave Peril, while Subterranean’s other shipper will be working on the limited edition to Thomas Ligotti’s Songs of a Dead Dreamer next week.
A Pleasure to Burn is the ideal companion to Bradbury’s Fahrenheit 451. Edited by Bradbury authorities Donn Albright and Jon Eller, this generous volume gathers 16 vintages stories and novellas. Some of the stories, such as “The Pedestrian” and “Pillars of Fire,” will be familiar to the author’s long-time fans. Others, such as “The Bonfire” and “The Reincarnate,” are more obscure. The true heart of the collection are the long novellas “Long after Midnight” (which has only appeared once in an expensive limited edition) and the 25,000-word tale, “The Fireman,” the immediate precursor to the final, full-length novel. These independent, brilliantly original tales are a significant publishing event.
A Pleasure to Burn:
Trade: 3000 fully cloth bound hardcovers: $35
Songs of a Dead Dreamer:
Trade: Fully cloth bound hardcover edition: $40
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013