We recently approached Ty Schwamberger, author of Night School, and asked if he’d be interested in doing a monthly how-to column for Hellnotes, exploring the nuances of writing horror. To our great pleasure, he agreed.
The column, called Ty-ing Up The Genre, will address writing and publishing in the horror genre. The first column, which should appear around the 15th of February, will be an introduction. The March colum will be an interview with three “up-and-comers” in the genre. April’s column will be written by guest columnist, Maurice Broaddus.
While Ty will be organizing and writing most of the columns, he’s already made arrangements to bring in other authors to help out. Those who’ve agreed to participate include Jack Ketchum (horror author), Michael Knost (horror author & editor), Tim Deal (Shroud Magazine), Maurice Broaddus (horror author), Jason Sizemore (Apex Books), and Scott Sandridge (Fear & Trembling Magazine).
As you can see, we’ve got some exciting columns coming.
So please take the time to give a warm welcome to Ty when his new column officially arrives on these pages next month.
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013