Apex Publications is happy to announce a Christmas themed flash fiction contest to brighten the season Apex style. All entries must be submitted by December 16th. The winning story will be published on the Apex blog on December 23rd, with the author receiving a short story critique from Apex owner/publisher Jason Sizemore, 5 cents a word for their flash fiction, and a subscription to Apex Magazine as their prize.
How to enter:
– All entries must have to do with Christmas, but have a distinctly Apex slant – dark science fiction, fantasy, or horror
– Submissions are open now through December 16th
– 250 word limit
– Email entries to email@example.com with the title and author name in the subject line
– Please no attachments. Stories should be in the body of the email.
– 3 entry limit per person
All entries will be read by Jason Sizemore and Lesley Conner.
For full details, please see the Apex blog at http://www.apexbookcompany.com/2013/11/a-merry-little-apex-christmas-flash-fiction-contest/
APEX PUBLICATIONS (www.apexbookcompany.com) is a small press dedicated to publishing exemplary works of science fiction, fantasy, and horror. Owned and operated by Jason B. Sizemore, Apex publishes the twice Hugo Award-nominated Apex Magazine. The Apex catalog contains books by genre luminaries such as Tom Piccirilli, Catherynne M. Valente, and Lavie Tidhar.
- Horror in a Hundred – Homecoming by David J. Wing - July 9, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – The Wizard’s Dungeon by Sheldon Woodbury - July 8, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Dead Man’s Switch by Thomas Kleaton - May 18, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Little Dog Died oh Died in the Ditch by Thomas Kleaton - May 7, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Absentee Ballot by Thomas Kleaton - May 6, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Hoodie by Catherine Bader - April 25, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Rinse Repeat by Thomas Kleaton - April 24, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Toe Tag by Catherine Bader - April 23, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – The Monster’s Moon by Sheldon Woodbury - April 22, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – She Fought Back by James Newman - April 21, 2015