What do you get when you mix the paranormal with a twist of horror, science fiction and romance? Donna Galanti’s cross-genre debut novel, A Human Element (Echelon Press March 2012). Galanti’s first novel has been well received with local and national critics. Jonathan Maberry, New York Times best-selling author of Assassin’s Code and Dead of Night says, “A Human Element is an elegant and haunting first novel. Unrelenting, devious but full of heart. Highly recommended.”
In A Human Element, Laura Armstrong’s friends and family members are being murdered, and despite her unique healing powers, she can do nothing to stop it. The savage killer haunts her dreams, tormenting her with the promise that she is next. Determined to find the killer, she follows her visions to the site of a crashed meteorite that occurred some thirty years before – and also happens to be the town where she grew up. There, she meets Ben Fieldstone, and in a race to stop a mad man, they unravel a frightening secret that binds them together. But the killer’s desire to destroy Laura face-to-face leads to a showdown that puts Laura and Ben’s relationship and Laura’s pure spirit to the test. With the killer closing in, Laura discovers her destiny is linked to his and she has two choices – redeem him or kill him.
A Human Element has already received much praise from readers and reviewers. Janice Gable Bashman, author of Wanted Undead or Alive, nominated for a Bram Stoker Award claims, “A Human Element is a haunting look at what it means to be human. It’s a suspenseful ride through life and love…and death, with a killer so evil you can’t help but be afraid. An excellent read.” Books for Paranormal & Mystical Minds book review site notes, “Donna must have picked up on my weakness for Dean Koontz, because A Human Element echoes the bestselling author in terms of creativity, the supernatural and overall dark allure. Add in a little paranormal romance and you’ve got one delicious literary paranormal mashup.”
Donna Galanti has a B.A. in English from The State University of New York at Albany and is a member of International Thriller Writers, The Greater Lehigh Valley Writers Group, and Pennwriters. She lives with her family in Pennsylvania in an old farmhouse.
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013