Scribner and Simon & Schuster Audio have announced a chilling short fiction project titled A Face in The Crowd. Set for release on August 21st, the original ebook marks the second baseball-themed collaboration between Stephen King and Stewart O’Nan.
Description: Dean Evers, an elderly widower, sits in front of the television with nothing better to do than waste his leftover evenings watching baseball. It’s Rays/Mariners, and David Price is breezing through the line-up. Suddenly, in a seat a few rows up beyond the batter, Evers sees the face of someone from decades past, someone who shouldn’t be at the ballgame, shouldn’t be on the planet. And so begins a parade of people from Evers’s past, all of them occupying that seat behind home plate. Until one day Dean Evers sees someone even eerier…
A Face in the Crowd will be available on Kindle, Nook, eReader, iBooks, Android Play and more. The audiobook read by Craig Wasson will be available in both MP3 and CD MP3 formats from Amazon, iTunes and more.
Hodder & Stoughton will be publishing simultaneously in the UK.
Stay tuned. We’ll post more information about A Face in the Crowd in the coming weeks.
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013