The creators of ScreenplayContests.com and Executive Producer, Michael David Jensen have announced the 2010 Horror Screenplay Contest. The mission is to further promote the horror genre in screenplay form. The contest is open to all writers, eighteen years and older. The contest is limited to the first 600 entries and the submission deadline is July 20, 2010. Writers may also submit their material online.
Winners of the 2010 contest will receive cash and industry related prizes in addition to having their material submitted to Hollywood producers, agents and studios.
- Screenplays must not have been previously optioned, produced, or purchased prior to July 20, 2010.
- Screenplays must be original work of applicant(s).
- Winning screenplay submissions written by 2 or more writers require all awards to be divided equally among the writers.
- Screenplays must be in English.
- Multiple submissions are accepted but each submission requires a separate entry form and separate fee.
- Screenplays must be between 85 – 125 pages.
- Cherub Productions is not responsible for screenplays lost, stolen, or lost in shipping.
- Judges decisions are final.
- Entry must be postmarked by July 20, 2010.
- Each submission must be accompanied with a $35.00 (US) submission fee** (Payable to: Cherub Productions, Horror Screenplay Contest).
Additional contest information, as well as entry forms, is available at: Horror Screenplay Contest
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013